CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Education Philosophy

Becoming a teacher is a calling.  You can listen to any professional in any field and they will say the same thing.  It takes patience, time (lots of time working in your classroom after hours), dedication and sacrifice.  Molding the minds of children can be challenging, but if it is what you are truly called to do, it will be worth the challenge.

I do believe that teaching young children is a calling for me.  I knew I wanted to "grow up" to be a teacher, and I knew that I would enjoy it!  In following my calling, I know that even on the bad days, I am doing what I am supposed to be doing--teaching!

Teaching is so much more than giving students the ability to learn the curriculum or ace a test.  It is about teaching them how to deal with life lessons, cope with situations and learn from each situation.  It is about showing them the right way to do something and the wrong way.  It is about modeling for them how you strive for them to act and serve.  Most students take what you give them and are successful, and by doing this you know that you have succeeded as a teacher.  You have given them the skills they need for the next week, year, grade level, and life.  It's not about how quickly they can multiply, or how fast they can read and comprehend (although we are proud when they do), but it is about how they take what they've learned and can use it in real life settings.

I know that my one goal for each year is to love my students unconditionally, teach them as much as I can, set high expectations and push when needed and praise always.  Praise in even the smallest circumstances when they finally learned that silly little letter sound or started writing their 3's the right way!  All children need confidence and all children need a little push.  I pray that I always know when to push and when to praise, and can make my students successful in their own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment